21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
- Experience with information security
- System administrator
Palo Alto Networks offers a platform that includes advanced firewalls and cloud extension. Palo Alto firewalls prevents malware intrusion with an automated approach that delivers consistent security.
This instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote) is aimed at developers who wish to prevent malware intrusion with Palo Alto Networks.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up the necessary development environment to start developing firewalls.
- Deploy a Palo Alto firewall in a cloud server.
- Manage packet flow through Palo Alto firewalls.
- Interpret QoS classifications and types.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Palo Alto Networks and Cybersecurity
- Specifications and platforms used in Palo Alto Networks
- Palo Alto Networks ecosystem integration
Palo Alto Firewalls
- Deployment options
- Spanning trees
- Firewall behaviors
Overview of Malware
Preparing the Virtual Laboratory
- Configuring an AWS account
- Configuring a Palo Alto instance in AWS
- Adding a Windows domain controller to route traffic through Palo Alto
Palo Alto Networks Development Enviroment
- Implementing basic settings
- Adding commit changes
- Managing interface
- Enabling updates
Security Configuration and Threat Prevention
- Managing packet flow and traffic
- Configuring the firewall
- Setting up dynamic block lists
- Implementing Palo Alto AntiVirus protection
- Optimizing data filtering
- Configuring denial of service protection
Networks and Availibilty
- Enabling the Palo Alto firewall as a host server
- Configuring virtual routers
- Configuring ports
- Configuring different IPs
Summary and Conclusion