14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An understanding of data structures and databases.
- General understanding of website architecture.
- Website designers
- Content managers
SPARQL is a query language for querying RDF (Resource Description Framework) data. It is similar to SQL for relational data in databases.
This instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote) is aimed at technical persons who wish to query RDF data stored in a Semantic Web database.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the difference between semantic web data and relational data.
- Query public datasets based on Semantic Web standards.
- Model data for querying with SPARQL.
- Transition a website's data to semantic web linked data.
- Run SPARQL queries from within an existing application.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Overview of the Semantic Web
- How interrelated datasets (linked data) work
- Triples vs relations (tables)
Semantic Web Standards
- RDF, OWL etc.
- SELECT, WHERE, LIMIT, variables, etc.
- Shortcuts, graphs, and unions
Querying a Semantic Website
- Accessing a SPARQL Endpoint
- Querying a dataset
Advanced SPARQL Constructs
- FILTER, OPTIONAL, etc.
Modelling Semantic Data
- URI, URL, URN, Namespace, etc.
- Semantic Web standards (RDF, OWL, etc.)
Integrating SPARQL into an Application
- Java libraries (Jena, etc.)
Transitioning a Website into a Semantic Web Website
- Converting data into semantic data
Summary and Conclusion
Very nice training
Maira Frisch - Novartis Pharma AG